Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MyNetFlix. Access NetFlix movies from Windows Media Center.

I've been improving my HTPC. Viewing NetFlix movies from Windows Media Center is a simple Plug-In that allows access to your NetFlix account with the Media Center remote, no need for the mouse and keyboard. MyNetFlix plug-in is free and easy to install, even on Vista 64-bit OS. Amazing when you set up a Media Center server, extenders such as Xbox360 can be used to access all of these features. A home office is more common today than not, being able to work and play at the same time makes life so much more enjoyable. My office is my LCD widescreen HDTV and a recliner... pretty rough. If that isn't your thing the home office PC can be the perfect server for your Media Center, allowing work to be done while others play. With my wide screen I have Media Center scaled down to a "picture-in picture" type window and do work at the same time. I will admit that having a processor that can multi-task is crucial but in today's PC market a machine that can handle all of this and more can be built for less than a $1,000 including the operating system. My choice for the money is the AMD Phenom X4.

No comments:

Post a Comment